‘Typical’: John Harwood sends out Cruz quote without full context

Source: Twitchy | February 7, 2016 | Twitchy Staff

Cruz says registering women for draft raises specter of forcing his and voters’ daughters into foxholes with 220-pound male psychopaths

— John Harwood (@JohnJHarwood) February 7, 2016

….

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #679

That was how CNBC’s John Harwood and CNN’s Teddy Schleifer quoted Ted Cruz when he was addressing whether females should be required to register for selective service.

Many took the quote and ran with it as tweeted.
    …..
    It isn’t. Becket Adams provided the entire context of Cruz’s remarks.

After immense criticism, Harwood and Schleifer tweeted the complete version of Cruz’s comments.

….

slhancock1948 #682

I didn’t watch the debate. Who were the 3 candidates who support making women sign up for the draft?

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

EVERYDAY #684

Jeb, Christie and Rubio all supported drafting women.

FinFlyer #692

Jeb, Christie and Rubio all supported drafting women.

Wimps.

EVERYDAY #693

Should the draft be reinstated and applied to women, I’ll bet the first chicks to scream when they get their draft notices will be the feminazis — the ones always crying about the war on women and how women are not equal and not treated fairly, blah, blah, blah. They will be falling all over themselves trying to secure deferments.

FinFlyer #699

Should the draft be reinstated and applied to women, I’ll bet the first chicks to scream when they get their draft notices will be the feminazis …

IMO, the first ones to “scream” should be every sensible red-blooded American male. An all-male military is what will WIN battles, and also, teens and young men need, deserve, and benefit from being in an all-male environment, especially boys/young men raised in fatherless homes.

Those females who insist being granted equal status with males in the military are not really women, they are silly little girls at heart. Real women RESPECT men enough to know when to leave them to themselves) in the military — navy ships and submarines, the army, the marines, etc. etc.

When females are the ranks of the military, the military then becomes like junior college for MEN and young men, and boys whom the military help turn into MEN. I am a woman, and I have had many female friends who’ve served on Navy ships, and it disgusts me when I tour a big carrier now and see these young men who NEED an all-male environment to mature, being robbed of it because of some PC vanity.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.