Cruz: 'What We Are Seeing With N. Korea Is Foreshadowing of Where We Will Be…

Source: CNS News | February 8, 2016 | Susan Jones

Cruz: ‘What We Are Seeing With N. Korea Is Foreshadowing of Where We Will Be With Iran’

(CNSNews.com) – Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas), asked to respond to North Korea’s test of an intercontinental ballistic missile capable of reaching the United States, called for an expanded missile defense capacity and a “hardened” electrical grid.

But first, he noted that President Bill Clinton relaxed sanctions against North Korea, just as President Obama has relaxed sanctions against Iran: “So, what we are seeing with North Korea is foreshadowing of where we will be with Iran.”

At Saturday’s Republican debate in New Hampshire, moderator Martha Raddatz asked Cruz how he would respond as commander in chief to the North Korean missile launch:

“Well, I would note initially, the fact that we’re seeing the launch, and we’re seeing the launch from a nuclear North Korea, is the direct result of the failures of the first Clinton administration. The Clinton administration led the world in relaxing sanctions against North Korea. Billions of dollars flowed into North Korea in exchange for promises not to build nuclear weapons. They took those billions and built nuclear weapons.

“And, I would note also the lead negotiator in that failed North Korea sanctions deal was a woman named Wendy Sherman who Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton promptly recruited to come back to be the lead negotiator with Iran. So, what we are seeing with North Korea is foreshadowing of where we will be with Iran.”

…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #694

Victoria #703

North Korea launched an intercontinental ballistic missile/rocket. So, now they have one that works to carry a nuclear warhead. They can reach our western shore with this missile. Thanks to the lifting of sanctions, Iran can buy that missile AND a nuclear warhead from North Korea and North Korea needs money.

Our two shores are now targets these countries can reach. I would bet a nuclear bomb, or more than one, will hit us within a year or before. If I lived near one of our two shores, I would move if it were possible.

ConstitutionalConservative #710

I have the same sense, there is a disaster waiting to happen the evidence is overwhelming and nothing is being done to preempt it, the powers that be will feign surprise when it happens, we don’t have to go to war we have all the resources and power to very quickly put a strangle hold on both Iran and NK that would put those regimes on their knees begging for mercy. All that is lacking is the will to do so.

Whirlwind #712

I agree, I have had an uneasy feeling for almost a year, I can’t seem to shake it off. This is totally unlike me, I pray that what ever it is just nothing more than some silly feelings on my part. But all that is and has been happening tells me that my feelings my be right.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.