17-year-old to graduate from Harvard days after graduating high school

Source: The Hill | May 21, 2019 | Morgan Gstalter

A 17-year-old Kansas student is set to graduate from Harvard just days after receiving his high school diploma.

Braxton Moral will receive his undergraduate degree from Harvard Extension School later this month after graduating from high school on Sunday in Ulysses, Kan., ABC News reported.

Moral has been taking classes from Harvard since he was 11 years old through the Harvard Extension School, which allows students to enroll in certain programs. The teenager completed some courses online and took others at Harvard’s campus in Cambridge, Mass., over the summer.

“I’m relieved to have a little bit of a head start,” Moral told “Good Morning America.” “I thought it really broadened my horizons. It helped me understand new things and what I want to do [in life].”

He will receive his Bachelor of Liberal Arts degree from Harvard Extension School, which is separate from Harvard College, one of the schools that makes up the prestigious Harvard University, after majoring in government with a minor in English.

Moral also wrote a book called “Harvard in the Heartland” about his experience as a Harvard Extension student in rural Kansas.

……..

Moral plans to attend law school next, where he hopes to study constitutional law at his first-choice school, Columbia University, ABC reported.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.