3 FT HOOD SOLDIERS DEAD, 6 MISSING from overturned vehicle in floodwaters

Source: The Right Scoop | June 2, 2016 | The Right Scoop

Today is a terrible day. We’ve already had one Blue Angels F/A-18 fighter jet pilot die in a crash today.

I’m not sure what’s going on, but right now 3 soldiers are dead and 6 more are missing from an overturned military vehicle at a low-water crossing:

KXAN – The bodies of three soldiers were recovered in water downstream from their vehicle on Fort Hood, Thursday. Six other soldiers remain missing.

Emergency officials continue to conduct rescue operations for an overturned Light Medium Tactical Vehicle at the Owl Creek Tactical low-water crossing and East Range Road.

The search is ongoing for the six soldiers missing from the 3rd Battalion, 16th Field Artillery Regiment, 2nd Armored Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, a statement from Fort Hood said.

Three soldiers were rescued from the water earlier near the vehicle and are in stable condition.

….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #6664

Consistent #6665

Consistent #6668

Consistent #6695

Victoria #6700

I don’t know what is true about this. I live in Texas and Fort Hood is about 120 miles south west of here. I heard on our local channel 11 this morning that 5 soldiers had died when the truck turned over, 4 were lost in the water and 3 were taken alive out of the water and were in hospital.

So much of Texas has been destroyed by water. Houses and businesses submerged over their tops from central Texas, west of Austin, to the border with Louisiana. The upscale town of Kingwood, off Hwy. 59, is totally submerged under water and all businesses along Hwy. 59 are all under water.

I had to go to my townhouse in Conroe, Texas, last Sunday and get water out of my townhouse which had come in somewhere around my chimney. It can’t be fixed until the rain stops and there was more heavy rain yesterday and supposed to be today and Saturday. I will probably have to go back and get out more water.

It is tragedy after tragedy in Texas right now.
    Marcella

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.