50% of Americans are skipping church, but not because they don't believe in God

Source: Conservative Review | August 25, 2016 | Maria Jeffrey

Most Americans know that 50 percent of the population doesn’t go to church on Sunday. Most probably think that people who don’t go to church are staying away because they don’t believe in God. 

But, a large majority of Americans — 89 percent — still believe in God, and a new Pew Research Center study released this week found that a significant portion of people who don’t go to church are actually staying away for practical or social reasons, while others admit they are simply too lazy to make the effort.

Pew found that among Americans who hardly ever go to church, one-in-five claim they are too busy, and one-in-ten claim they are “too lazy” and have “gotten out of the habit.” Another 17 percent claim social concerns as the reason to stay away from church, including that they used to go to church with a friend or family member but don’t anymore.

….

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #9581

EVERYDAY #9582

You can count me as one of those who doesn’t attend church, but still has a strong faith in God. I was raised a Catholic, but fell away. Since a cardiac arrest in 2008, I felt the call to go back to church out of gratitude to Almighty God for saving my life, but after trying other Catholic parishes and a number of other churches, I just didn’t feel like I belonged. So I stay home, pray to God, read my Bible and try my best to live a good life.

Much of what is happening now in this country stems from our abandonment of God and his Commandments. I think everything went downhill once prayer was taken out of public schools. After that, there were more and more dysfunctional families, crime, drug use, and children born out of wedlock to younger and younger girls. This country now caves in to the demands of a minority of godless individuals who insist that their perversions be accepted and even celebrated as good, normal and natural. We are now being told that it’s OK to slaughter the unborn when they become inconvenient.

God is watching and I’m reasonably sure He’s not pleased. Our destruction is surely coming. I can only pray that He will have pity on the righteous and deliver them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.