8-year-old boy drives 4-year-old sister to get cheeseburger: Police

Source: FOX 8 Cleveland | April 12, 2017 | Jessica Bates

….

East Palestine police officer Jacob Koehler told FOX 8 News it happened Sunday evening around 8. The child’s father had worked all day and went to bed early. Their mother was on the couch with the kids, when she fell asleep.

That is when the children decided to leave.

Witnesses saw the boy driving his father’s work van  and called police.

Officer Koehler said the child drove a mile from his home with his little sister in the back of the van. The journey took the 8-year-old through 4 intersections, over railroad tracks and also required him to make a few right hand turns and a left hand turn.

Witnesses told police he did obey all traffic laws and drove the speed limit.

Once at the McDonald’s on Market Street, a family friend who happened to be eating at the restaurant, notified the children’s grandparents. The children did get to eat their cheeseburgers before police arrived.

…..

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #15077

EVERYDAY #15085

Well, the children were hungry. What were they supposed to do? (Yes, I’m kidding.)

My parents’ neighbors had a grandson, who when he was little, decided to “borrow ” Grandpa’s van. Fortunately, he didn’t get far. The van hit another neighbor’s fence causing a little damage, but thankfully, the little boy wasn’t hurt. These children are lucky they are ok too.

It’s tough being a parent. You have to have eyes in the back of your head and you almost can never be allowed to sleep. I don’t blame the parents. Children are a lot smarter than we think…sometimes to their detriment.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.