A Letter to Conservatives Who Support Trump

Source: Conservative Review | 5 March, 2016 | Steven Deace

The man who rants and raves against God is in better shape than the man having no words with Him at all. For at least there is still a conversation happening, which means there’s at least the bedrock of belief still there to be built upon another day. I pray this is the case with the conservative followers of Donald Trump. Now, let’s replace God in the above scenario with the GOP establishment, or business as usual, or whatever phrase-ology you think best sums up the current dismal state of our national political reality. Yes, it has long been worthy of being on the receiving end of a righteous fist. And yes, on many days I have been with you in your belief that it might just be best to burn it all down. But those aren’t my best days, and they need not be your best days either. There is another, better way. 

That is because running even deeper than your anger or your frustration is the idea that, just like Donald says, this is supposed to be a great country. You believe that America’s place in the world is not simply one among many, but as the standard bearer for all that is good and true in the world. You believe following the Constitution is paramount to surviving and thriving as a people. You believe in the importance of a diligent and informed citizenry that will always serve as the ultimate check and balance on government usurpation. And you believe, as Barry Goldwater once said, that “extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice, and moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue.”   – See more at: https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/03/a-letter-to-conservatives-who-support-trump#sthash.9pkAtNGI.dpuf

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Discussion
  • slhancock1948 #2181

A very good article. I still don’t get how pastors who are otherwise very good in rightly dividing the Word of Truth can support Trump. I really DO NOT GET it!

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.