A Time to Mourn and A Time to Rally: What We Learned from Cruz

Source: The Blaze | May 6, 2016 | Elizabeth Greenaway

….

Cruz taught us how. You see, this isn’t the end, this is the beginning. Cruz took it as far as he could, now he’ll go back to the Senate and continue the fight there; conservatives like Glenn Beck, Mark Levin, Erick Erickson, among others, will continue the fight in the media; and it’s our turn to rally for conservatism in our homes, towns, cities and states. Sound overwhelming? It’s not. Cruz just spent his entire campaign showing us exactly how to do it.

Here’s what he taught me.

There is a significant difference between conservatives and Republicans.

I was born during the Ronald Reagan years. I love hearing about them, but the reality is, I don’t remember them. I did still always know there was a difference, even though many argue I haven’t even had the opportunity to vote for a true conservative. I have always referred to myself as a conservative first, Republican second. It became habit to say, but this year more than ever before, the difference is crystal clear to me.

….

Servant leadership is greater than leading with an ego.

….

….A few of us had the opportunity to meet with him on his tour bus after a town hall meeting. Someone asked what we could pray for and his response was for God to give him peace and wisdom. He went on to share he had never once prayed to win (to which a couple of us confessed we had!) because it’s not about him. That is the definition of servant leadership, and the type of leader we should all aspire to be.

We can’t start a movement on solely voting, we have to move hearts and change minds.

….

When we’re fortunate to have leaders like Cruz, we have to be bold, open a dialogue, make calls and go door-to-door. We have to DO more than vote. We have to move hearts and change minds. Moving hearts and changing minds sounds wonderful, doesn’t it? The reality is it can be inconvenient and uncomfortable. We have to do it anyway and we have to do it respectfully.

Stand up for what you believe in, even if you stand alone.

….

The conservative movement is just getting started. Jump in, don’t sit on the sidelines, defeated.

….

There’s a time for everything. It says so in Ecclesiastes. So take the time to mourn, but then pick yourself up and make a plan to DO something. While the fight has been going on for a long time, many of us are just getting started. We have truly had the opportunity to see a conservative role model in Ted Cruz. As a Christian, I have seen a man who shows us what it means to be the hands and feet.

You see…

“There is no substitute for the America that each and every one of us loves with all of our heart, that we believe in with all of our heart and that together we will restore as a shining city on the hill for every generation to come.”

Now tell me America, isn’t that something worth fighting for?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #5827

Ted Cruz: “But hear me now: I am not suspending our fight for liberty. I am not suspending our fight to defend the constitution, to defend the Judeo-Christian values that built America.”

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.