A White House Win that Isn't Worth Having

Source: Redstate.com | 4.23.16 | Kimberly Ross
from DonkeyHotey via Flickr Creative Commons https://goo.gl/b5OrKa

Caricature by DonkeyHotey flic.kr/p/Ct4G4K

The “get in line” mantra from the GOP higher-ups and talking heads continues, and it is very tiresome. For those like RNC Chairman Reince Priebus, winning matters more than anything. He’ll happily ride the coattails of any candidate – even Trump – to get there, no matter the cost. Needless to say, this is extremely foolish.

With the GOP front-runner, we have a flip-flopping liberal whose lack of conservatism is shockingly apparent. If you’re not aware that he’s nothing but a political hack, you’ve not been paying attention. But we are supposed to line up behind him just because he’s currently in first place and may receive the nomination? No thanks. A win that costs us our conservative principles is not worth having. Period. We should not subscribe to groupthink as liberals do, especially when a non-conservative is leading the pack. I, for one, refuse to coalesce around him. Reince sees that differently, however, as The Hill reported on Friday:

“It is essential to victory in November that we all support our candidate,” Priebus said at the RNC’s spring meeting in Hollywood, Fla.

“This goes for everyone, whether you’re a county party chairman, an RNC member, or a presidential candidate. Politics is a team sport, and we can’t win unless we rally around whoever becomes our nominee,” he added, drawing applause from the audience.

Priebus is no leader, as has been clear for a while. He’s showing himself to be nothing but a sheep herder who only cares about getting the flock to Point B with no regard for what it would cost to get there.

If one does not support Trump, the often-used accusation is that person supports Hillary. I will not cast a vote for Hillary Clinton, but neither will I cast a vote for Donald Trump. Neither represents me or conservatism, regardless of whether one has an (R) beside their name. This is what Priebus, and many others, just don’t care about. They would rather vote for someone who lacks conservative principle than support a legitimate conservative.

Although Real Clear Politics predicts that a general election between Clinton and Trump would result in Trump’s defeat by a margin of 9.3%, let’s just say for now that Trump would beat Hillary. Congratulations, the Republican party has taken back the White House. But at what cost? It would be nothing but a Pyrrhic victory. Do we really want to set back conservatism? Trump has shown himself to be weak and substance-free on issues foreign, domestic, and social. It’s difficult to keep up with how often his so-called “policy stances” change. He is widely supported by those who are fueled by nothing but racist tendencies, as I’ve seen firsthand. He couldn’t care less about basic tenets of conservatism, like being 100% pro-life. And to top it off, he’s an immature individual who seems to be doing all this for fun, not to actually improve America, and certainly not promote conservative values.

I would actually prefer we painfully lose the White House if our only options are Clinton or Trump. That pain would serve to push us out of complacency, which is sorely needed at the moment.

We have sat for quite a while under an Obama administration, and what has that taught us? From the looks of it, we’ve decided that only winning is important. You know what? I would rather lose with someone like Ted Cruz, a legitimate conservative who I would happily cast a vote for, than to win with Donald Trump. (On a side note, Real Clear Politics shows a smaller margin of victory for Hillary in a Clinton v. Cruz showdown, so he may have a shot at victory should he be the nominee.)

So no thanks, Reince. I’ll continue to be #NeverTrump. At least I won’t be compromising anything to do that.

Tagged: ,

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Discussion
  • slhancock1948 #5084

Couldn’t agree more. The primaries aren’t over but the GOPe is lining up behind the most vile, liberal, ungodly candidate we’ve probably every had on a republican presidential campaign. This is not my republican party any longer. I left the democrat party in 1972 for this? Unbelievable! Is there no low too low to stoop to for a win? I’ll never vote Hillary or Bernie (the Clintons were our governors on AR before we moved overseas in 1985) but even Hillary looks better and better all the time compared to Trump. There is not a conservative bone in his body.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

mostlyhomebound #5085

If stump is the nominee, we have already lost.

rodamala #5096

If the RNC nominates Trump, all I can say is it apparently needs to get A LOT WORSE for the American people to wake up.

slhancock1948 #5102

Rodamala, should Trump win both the nomination and the WH, judgment WILL come on America like a flood! We won’t know what hit us, really! People MUST wake up and realize this! EVERY born again Christian SHOULD know this, but lo, we are under a strong delusion and Christians are choosing to be led by delusional “shepherds”.

CA Surveyor #5111

One has to remember, Trump is Illuminati, just like Reince.

They stick together, that’s why they call them the “uniparty.”

Victoria #5115

Let me explain the role of every Republican State Chairman and the Republican National Committee Chairman, Reince Priebus. They have ONE major role and if they don’t perform there, they will not be elected the next time. They MUST bring in donations – they are the money gatherers. They must have money donations to run the party. You might forget about the party after an election, but the party is still working and having expenses month after month, year after year. I worked in that state system and every three months, the elected man and woman from every district, go to Austin where the state party is headquartered, and they pay their own way and hotel bill. They run the state party. The economics of the party is discussed, how the contributions are coming or not coming.

The Republican National Committee with its chairman, Priebus meets in Washington several times a year to run the party. They also discuss how contributions are coming in or not.

The articles above say Priebus wants Trump – I disagree with that – Priebus wants a Republican, ANY Republican, in that White House for one reason – he gets more money for the national party to give to Republican candidates to help them win. If a Republican is not in the White House, donations go to hell, are hard to get. His job is more secure if he brings in money so he really needs a Republican as president. The black man who was chairman before Priebus only lasted for one chairman term because he could not bring in money and the national party was almost bankrupt when Priebus was elected. What did Priebus do before he was chairman of the party? He was the economic head of the national party, kept up with the money. He was elected to try to get the national party back in the black for money and he did that so he was elected to another term.

Now, dumb Trump did a stupid thing – he said if he wins, he will likely fire Priebus. He can’t touch Priebus as it is the Republican National Committee who elects the chairman. As usual, Trump is big time wrong. Could Trump force the committee to fire Priebus? No. Who is the committee? It is a man and woman from every Republican State Party and they are elected at every state convention. Trump has no say in who they are.

I personally think Priebus can’t stand Trump – Priebus is a personal friend of Paul Ryan – they think alike and hang out together. Ryan has criticized Trump’s encouraging others to violence and Trump’s attacks on Priebus have caused Priebus major trouble. There is no way Priebus wants Trump. Also, they must have a winner to beat Hillary and they know Trump’s positives in the general public are the pits – every poll shows he has the worst dislike number of any Republican candidate going back tens of years. They know Cruz’s like numbers are much better than Trump’s and Cruz could beat Hillary and Trump cannot.

Also, Priebus is bound by party rules from endorsing any candidate. He is not allowed to publicly do that. That is why you don’t hear him endorsing any candidate.

All of the above is what I have learned from working for ten years in the Republican Party of Texas and teaching election law across the state of Texas.

Victoria #5116

One thing more – that picture of Trump on this thread shows one facial expression of his that freaks me out – it is his small mouth screwed up like in that picture. His little bitty mouth pushed out from his face into a circle is totally disgusting. :o)

ConservativeGranny #5119

One thing more – that picture of Trump on this thread shows one facial expression of his that freaks me out – it is his small mouth screwed up like in that picture. His little bitty mouth pushed out from his face into a circle is totally disgusting. :o)

Me too LOL! And he usually has his finger and thumb together to form a small circle to match his mouth. He does the same motions with his hands that Kasich does except his are side to side instead of the karate chops of Kasich.

slhancock1948 #5120

Yes, I left the picture in with the article because it looks like the flaming idiot that Trump is!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.