Abbott says he’s feeling well after positive COVID-19 test

Source: The Hill | August 17, 2021 | Joseph Choi

Texas Gov. Greg Abbott (R) said he is feeling well in a video posted on Twitter after it was disclosed that he had tested positive for COVID-19 despite being fully vaccinated.

“I test myself every day and today is the first day that I tested positive,” Abbott said. “I also want you to know that I have received the COVID-19 vaccine and that may be one reason why I’m really not feeling any symptoms right now. I have no fever, no aches and pains, no other types of symptoms.”

The governor’s office announced earlier on Tuesday that he had tested positive for COVID-19, apparently developing a breakthrough case of the virus after being vaccinated against it.

Abbott’s wife, Cecilia Abbott, has tested negative for COVID-19. The Texas governor will be isolating at the governor’s mansion for the time being.

……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #50039

EVERYDAY #50041

He’s ok now, but I’ll bet if he develops symptoms, he will get the best care, including experimental treatments which almost everyone else won’t be able to get.

And what about those he likely infected before he was diagnosed? He went to events where there were no masks. Probably infected a bunch of people. He refuses to allow schools and businesses to require masks and is now threatening those school districts who go forward with their own mask mandates.

He’s fine. But he really doesn’t care about anyone else.

Consistent #50054

ConservativeGranny #50058

He’s probably had his booster already while the rest of us wait.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.