Adviser: Trump ‘not going to get rid of’ Iran deal

Source: The Hill | July 5, 2016 | Mark Hensch

A top foreign policy adviser to Donald Trump says in a new interview that the billionaire would not scrap the Iran nuclear dear if his presidential bid is successful.

“No, he’s not going to get rid of an agreement that has the institutional signature of the United States,” Walid Phares told The Daily Caller.

“He is a man of institutions. But he’s going to look back at it in the institutional way. So he is not going to implement it as is, he is going to revise it after negotiating one on one with Iran or with a series of allies.”

Phares said Trump dislikes the current diplomatic agreement, but believes it can improve with input from lawmakers.

“He’s said so far that he doesn’t like this deal and that it was poorly negotiated,” he said. “Once elected, he’s going to renegotiate it after talking through it with his advisers.

“One of the clear possibilities is he will send it back to Congress,” Phares added. “The reaction of the Iranian leadership will be the next phase.”

……

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #7630

Consistent #7632

Consistent #7634

Victoria #7642

This can’t be possible – he said for sure he would tear the Iran “deal” up the day he became president. Are you saying I can’t believe what he says? I am shocked, totally shocked. s/s/ Anyone who believes what he says is dumber than a stump (apology to stumps). There are many dumber than stump people going to the Republican National Convention.

Also, I think there will be violence outside and inside at the Republican Convention and I think people will die. That Neo-Nazi group from California says they will be there to protect Trump people (sure they will) and the Trump people are angry acting out people, helped along by Trump’s militant, violence approving, messages. Add liberal crazy people going there to cause trouble and you have riots and death. I am serious about this.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.