Al Franken resigns on the Senate floor, but admits no wrongdoing

Source: Washington Examiner | December 7, 2017 | Al Weaver

A frustrated Sen. Al Franken, D-Minn., stood on the Senate floor Thursday morning and announced his resignation from the Senate, following weeks of sexual assault allegations that ultimately prompted his own party to abandon him.

Franken admitted to none of the allegations against him, but said it’s time for him to step down nonetheless.

“Today, I am announcing that in the coming weeks, I will be resigning as a member of the United States Senate,” Franken said. A spokesperson for Franken said no date has been set yet for his departure.

Franken made it clear on the Senate floor that he wasn’t happy with the decision, and insisted, as he has for the last few weeks, that not all of the accusations against him are accurate.

“Some of the allegations against me are simply not true,” he said. “Others I remember very differently.”

…….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #20284

EVERYDAY #20286

I don’t like Franken, but like Roy Moore, his own wussy party abandoned him over mostly unproven allegations. Neither was tred in a court of law, but rather, in the court of public opinion.

That seems to be what this Me Too campaign is all about. Want to ruin the life of someone you don’t like? Just bring up a few women to accuse him of even the smallest impropriety. Never mind whether the accusation is true or if the alleged wrongdoing has any bearing on the accused’s ability to perform his job. The guy is now a pariah and must be destroyed.

We used to live in a nation of laws. We had standards and ethics. We didn’t accept accusations without proof and no one accused another without evidence to back it up. We had real journalists who investigated without bias and reported their findings fairly and accurately.

Those days are gone.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.