Alabama pastor says 40 people infected with coronavirus after revival event

Source: The Hill | July 27, 2020 | Zack Budryk

An Alabama pastor said Monday that more than 40 people who attended a revival event at his church have tested positive for the coronavirus in recent days.

Daryl Ross, who also tested positive himself, said only two of the cases were serious. “One respiratory, he almost got put in the hospital, but he’s OK,” Ross told AL.com. “The other one fought it off with two days in bed.”

“The whole church has got it, just about,” he added.

“We had church Wednesday night” at the Warrior Creek Missionary Baptist Church in Marshall County, Ross told the publication, saying attendees had practiced social distancing but that masks had not been required at the event. “We were in revival, morning and night services. On the way back over Thursday is when we found out. I got a call that one of our guys in the church has tested positive. So, we shut down revival and, by Friday night, I’ve got church members sick everywhere.”

Ross said the cases are believed to trace back to one man who did not have symptoms and remains asymptomatic even though his “entire family” has since contracted the virus, according to Ross. “He had three guys at work that came down positive,” he said. “From work, they made him test, and he came back positive. No symptoms.”

………

Tagged: ,

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #41462

ConservativeGranny #41466

What did they think was going to happen? And yet no one will learn a thing from this and this type of idiocy will continue. You can pray and sing hymns at home! You don’t need a special building nor a minister or priest to act as an intermediary between you and God. Shame on these church leaders putting their congregations at risk. Services can be conducted over zoom or broadcast via tv or internet. Jesus said to keep the day holy. Passing around a deadly virus to your fellow parishoners is hardly considered holy. There are so many ways parishioners can reach out to others in the congregation through phone calls and zoom prayer groups . Bible classes can meet this way. Dropping off meals for people who need them, checking on the elderly making sure they have what they need and are doing okay. Sewing masks for the congregation and making sure they all have a few. Sitting in a church together coughing on each other and spewing out covid germs isn’t exactly a Christian way of showing love for God or each other. I really wonder why a minister would want to expose their congregation to this. The only answer I can see has to do with the collection plate being passed around. that too can be done virtually during an online service via paypal.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.