Alyssa Farah says she put Hutchinson in touch with Cheney

Source: The Hill | June 30, 2022 | Dominick Mastrangelo

Former White House communications director Alyssa Farah said she put Cassidy Hutchinson, a personal friend and top aide to former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, in touch with the select House committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, riot at the U.S. Capitol and encouraged her to testify.

“A couple months ago, I put her in touch with Congresswoman Cheney,” Farah said while appearing on CNN’s morning show “New Day” on Thursday. “She got a new lawyer and that’s how this testimony came about.”

Farah said Hutchinson had previously been given legal representation by “someone who had been in the White House counsel’s office,” and was “still aligned with Trump World.”

Hutchinson spoke to the committee behind closed doors before her in-person testimony this week.

“She did her interview, she complied with the committee, but she shared with me ‘there is more I want to share that was not asked in those settings. How do we do this?’” Farah said.

“In that process, she got a new attorney of her own. Congresswoman Cheney had a sense of what questions needed to be asked that weren’t previously. So that’s how this shocking testimony that people didn’t realize before kind of came about, and it didn’t come up in her earlier interview, some of these facts.”

……..

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.