Trump adviser claims China gave him info on Hunter Biden

Source: The Hill | October 10, 2019 | Rachel Frazin

An informal White House adviser on China has reportedly said that he got information on Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden’s son Hunter Biden during a trip to Beijing.

“I got a quite a bit of background on Hunter Biden from the Chinese,” Michael Pillsbury told the Financial Times in an email on Wednesday. The newspaper reported he later denied the email exchange occurred. 

Pillsbury previously said that he brought up Biden in China in an interview with Fox News. 

“I tried to bring up the topic in Beijing,” he said, according to a clip posted by The Daily Beast. “Just tell me what happened with Hunter Biden. I have never seen them get so secretive in my entire life.”

“They would discuss ICBM warheads sooner than talk about what Hunter Biden was doing in China with Vice President Biden. That is a big area now where the Chinese know they don’t want any American probe into what happened with Hunter Biden,” Pillsbury added. 

A spokesman for Joe Biden’s 2020 campaign characterized the action as an effort to “smear” the candidate’s family. 

“Now we have yet another ‘unofficial’ China envoy seeking dirt with which to smear the Biden family in the second foreign country that Trump publicly begged to bail out his re-election campaign,” spokesman Andrew Bates told the Financial Times. 

“While the president’s limited number of vocal defenders have tried claiming that his South Lawn statement asking China to investigate the Biden family somehow wasn’t a ‘real’ request, Pillsbury’s admission again lays bare that there is no depth to which Trump will not sink to avoid facing Joe Biden in next year’s election,” he added. 

………

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.