At the starting gate, Clinton leads Trump by Double Digits

Source: CNN | May 4, 2016 | Tom LoBianco/Jennifer Aglesta

Indianapolis (CNN)As Donald Trump captures the mantle of presumptive Republican nominee, a new poll finds he begins his general election campaign well behind Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton.

The new CNN/ORC Poll, completed ahead of Trump’s victory last night, found Clinton leads 54% to 41%, a 13-point edge over the New York businessman, her largest lead since last July.

Clinton is also more trusted than Trump on many issues voters rank as critically important, with one big exception. By a 50% to 45% margin, voters say Trump would do a better job handling the economy than Clinton would.

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Discussion
  • EVERYDAY #5694

An early poll by CNN now that Trump will be the Republican nominee.

FWIW

mostlyhomebound #5696

Two dishonest, stupid, inane, crooked, fraudulent candidates.

EVERYDAY #5704

I fully expect that those Democrats who voted for Trump in open primaries or who switched their registrations to Republican in closed primary states will now vote for Hillary in the general. This was mentioned on our local news in Western PA. The elections people here noticed a sharp increase in party registration changes prior to the primary (PA is a closed primary state), and the local pundits are speculating these “new Republicans” won’t vote for Trump in November. Coupled with the NEVER TRUMP voters, Trump might not have as many voters as he thinks.

kleindropper #5708

If Hillary is already above 50% it is over. Well known candidates like her do not lose support; the only chance for Trump was if there were enough undecideds to squeak past her @ 49%.

The fact that the Libertarian will probably get a solid 15-20% of the vote also dooms Trump to a throttling.

My early prediction: Hillary 55% Trump 35% Other 20%

45 states to Hillary. Both Senate and House flip Democrat due to a totally demoralized Republican base. 25 million new Democrats made citizens a few short months later. The next time a Republican wins he will be a hispanic who speaks English as a second language.

Reggie Dunlop #5711

53-45 most likely. That’s McCain’s numbers.

Consistent #5718

rgintn #5739

hate to say this but I’m glad #lyintrump is down in the polls. He doesn’t want my vote anyway

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.