Australia minister who met with Barr, Ivanka Trump diagnosed with coronavirus

Source: The Hill | March 13, 2020 | Marina Pitofsky

A top Australian Cabinet member, who was pictured meeting with White House senior adviser Ivanka Trump, Attorney General William Barr and other White House officials last week, confirmed Friday that he has tested positive for the coronavirus.

“This morning I woke up with a temperature and sore throat,” Peter Dutton, the Australian Minister for Home Affairs and a member of Australia’s Parliament, said in a statement Friday on Twitter. “I immediately contacted the Queensland Department of Health and was subsequently tested for COVID-19. I was advised by Queensland Health this afternoon that the test had returned positive.”

“It is the policy of Queensland Health that anyone who tests positive is to be admitted into hospital and I have complied with their advice,” he continued. “I feel fine and will provide an update in due course.”

Dutton was in Washington, D.C., last week for meetings on the Five Eyes security pact, an intelligence alliance between Australia, Canada, New Zealand, Britain and the U.S., USA Today reported. A photo was shared on Twitter of Dutton, Trump, Barr and White House counselor Kellyanne Conway, among others, on March 6.

…….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.