Author and Trump Loyalist Suggests She Was Asked to Primary Ted Cruz

Source: RedState | October 12, 2017 | Susan Wright

Former White House Chief of Staff Steve Bannon is said to be targeting every incumbent Republican running for reelection, except Texas Senator Ted Cruz.

That’s ok. Reliable Trump bootlick, Laura Ingraham covers that in her new book.

The book, called Billionaire at the Barricades, a tome of slavish worship to her orange overlord, goes into the happenings of the 2016 RNC convention, and takes a pointed jab at Cruz.

I guess some toadies will not forgive or forget.

In the book, Ingraham tells of being asked to primary Ted Cruz, after the senator refused to endorse Trump, outright.

“People were so torched by Cruz’s failure to endorse [President] Trump that talk of primarying him ignited almost the moment he walked off the stage,” Ingraham wrote in Billionaire at the Barricades, which was released Tuesday. “In fact, a tanned, good-old-boy type in his late 40s approached me and asked me if I’d consider moving to Texas to run against him.”

So what was Cruz’s crime?

To refresh your memories: He said voters should vote their conscience.

INCONCEIVABLE!!

If you want to see Trump supporters hiss and melt like the wicked witch in “The Wizard of Oz,” just mention things like “conscience,” or “principles” to them.

…….

Those of us who knew people attending the convention can tell you the entire event was a charade, as delegates for Cruz were threatened, railroaded, and prevented from having their say on the convention floor.

It was the kind of shoddy, shady, despotic behavior that served as an omen of things to come with a Trump presidency.

…….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.