Barr has considered resigning over Trump tweets about DOJ: reports

Source: The Hill | February 18, 2020 | Zack Budryk

Attorney General William Barr has considered resigning over President Trump’s continued tweets regarding Justice Department investigations, according to multiple reports Tuesday night.

The Washington Post, which first reported the news, citing three administration officials, reported that Barr told people close to the president he was considering leaving over Trump’s tweets, which have continued unabated since Barr addressed them last week.

……..

Trump publicly backed Barr earlier Tuesday, telling reporters: “I have total confidence in my attorney general. I think he’s doing an excellent job. He’s a strong guy.”

“I do make his job harder,” Trump added. “I do agree with that. I think that’s true.”

Republican leaders also publicly expressed support for the attorney general on Tuesday, with Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Lindsay Graham (R-S.C.) and House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) calling him a “man of the highest character and unquestionable integrity” in a joint statement.

…….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.