Barr, on his way out, breaks with Trump on Hunter Biden and election fraud

Source: Politico | December 21, 2020 | Nick Niedzwiadek

The attorney general said he does not see the need for a special counsel to investigate Hunter Biden or voting machines.

Attorney General William Barr said Monday he sees no need to appoint a special counsel to oversee investigations related to Hunter Biden or the 2020 presidential election, rebuffing ideas that have gained steam in conservative circles in the weeks since President-elect Joe Biden’s victory.

Barr said the ongoing probes into the younger Biden are already being capably handled by attorneys within the Department of Justice.

“I think to the extent there’s an investigation, I think that it’s being handled responsibly and professionally currently within the department,” Barr said at what is likely his last news conference before his resignation takes effect later this week. “To this point I have not seen a reason to appoint a special counsel, and I have no plan to do so before I leave.”

Hunter Biden revealed early this month that the U.S. attorney for Delaware was investigating him for possible tax-related issues. POLITICO later reported the securities fraud unit for the Southern District of New York, which investigates major white-collar crimes, was looking into his financial dealings as well and that the scope of the investigations go beyond just taxes.

……..

Barr also dismissed the idea of seizing voting machines in service of efforts by Trump and his allies to overturn his loss to Biden in November.

“I see no basis now for seizing machines by the federal government,” he said.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #45575

EVERYDAY #45576

NOW Barr breaks with Trump. Well, too late. Barr’s reputation is shot. He cannot be trusted.

It’s a pattern with anyone who is ever associated with Trump — reputation, career, life ruined.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by EVERYDAY.
    Consistent #45585

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.