BEHNA: Why I Support A Ted Cruz 2020 Presidential Campaign #CruzCrew

Source: Wayne Dupree News Ninja | June 3, 2016 | Mitch Behna

….

Some have advocated a possible 2020 presidential campaign for Cruz, which I would fully support. If he were to run and win, it wouldn’t be the first time a candidate has won on their second attempt. There are some comparisons to be made between Ronald Reagan and Ted Cruz. After Reagan ford reagannearly defeated incumbent President Gerald Ford in the 1976 Republican primary, he prevailed in 1980 and the rest is history. Likewise, Cruz could have clinched the nomination if it were not for Donald Trump. In 2020, he will be in potentially his second term as a Senator, gain more experience, and have another shot at winning the highest public office of the land.

This is not to say that there are no other potential candidates I would vote for this year. David French has recently been talked about as a possible Independent candidate. Either voting for him or writing in Ted Cruz would be my two choices, because I cannot support Donald Trump on the GOP ticket, nor Gary Johnson, who in my view is more of a leftist than a libertarian.

So a 2020 run for Cruz may not be a bad idea, because after 4 years of Hillary or Trump, voters will hopefully take another look at a true constitutional conservative. We need someone who has the proven record of being a conservative, not one who only says they are. Cruz loves this country and I know he will continue to fight for freedom and limited government every day as long as he is in public office.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #6705

Ted Cruz 2020

ConstitutionalConservative #6707

I agree but I think Cruz needs to form a new party, he can do it if he starts now, he has all the leadership traits and principles to make it happen quickly, his running for reelection to the Senate presents the opportunity.
    The GOP is a dead horse that cannot be ridden and thus immune from being kicked. The GOP has abandoned facts, reason, logic, common sense and the primary death knell; the republican party has forsaken morality. With Trump at the helm all will only get worse, the GOP cannot be resurrected IMO, hence I do not believe Cruz can win as a Republican.

Consistent #6713

Trump is finishing the job of destroying Republican Party, just like Zachary Taylor did it to the Whig Party.

https://3.89.244.123/forums/topic/how-an-outsider-president-killed-a-party/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.