Ben Sasse fires back at Hannity: 'Some of us still believe in the Constitution'

Source: The Hill | October 12, 2017 | Josh Delk

Sen. Ben Sasse (R-Neb.) fired back at Sean Hannity on Thursday after the Fox News host said he regretted supporting the senator, who has become a vocal critic of President Trump.

“Sorry, Sean — you changed, not me. Some of us still believe in the Constitution,” Sasse tweeted.

Hannity criticized Sasse after the latter suggested Trump was in conflict with the First Amendment when he said this week that it is “disgusting the press is able to write whatever it wants to write.”

“No president should play with censoring news they dislike,” Sasse tweeted.

“Question for conservatives: What will you wish you had said now if someday a President Elizabeth Warren talks about censoring Fox News?” Sasse added in another tweet. The Massachusetts Democratic Senator is frequently suggested as a possible 2020 candidate.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #19250

EVERYDAY #19254

Lost in all of this is whether Trump said what the NBC report said he said. Personally, I think he did say those things and he’s whining about the network and its alleged “fake news” only because what he said confirms that he is a moron.

Sasse is correct. You don’t try to shut down news outlets which disseminate news that is unfavorable to a Republican president because one day a Democrat president will come along and try to do the same with news sites favorable to Republicans. We have freedom of the press and freedom of speech in this country to keep us from tyranny. Countries which don’t have our freedoms become dictatorships. I can’t believe how many Trump supporters like Hannity would be so willing to casually toss our freedoms aside to protect their hero.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.