Biden camp: Graham ‘forfeited his conscience’ over Ukraine

Source: Politico | November 22, 2019 | Marc Caputo

Joe Biden’s presidential campaign accused Sen. Lindsey Graham of having “forfeited his conscience” for requesting State Department records concerning the former vice president’s efforts to oust a corrupt Ukrainian prosecutor in 2016.

The broadside against Graham signaled a new phase of the Biden campaign’s counterattack against President Donald Trump — whose attempts to have Biden and his son investigated in Ukraine have led to his looming impeachment — by pointing out that congressional Republicans saw no scandal regarding the Bidens until it became a political issue for Trump.

“Trump is now counting on his Republican enablers in the Senate to bail him out,” Biden spokesman Andrew Bates told POLITICO. “Driven by fear of a mean tweet, they are falling in line, peddling the same disproven lies we’ve heard for months. Lindsey Graham has forfeited his conscience to escape a primary.”

“Lindsey is about to go down in a way that I think he’s going to regret his whole life,” Biden told CNN’s Don Lemon in an interview Friday.

“I say Lindsey, I just — I’m just embarrassed by what you’re doing, for you. I mean, my Lord,” Biden said, when asked what he would say to his old Senate friend.

Asked for comment, Graham’s Senate office said via email that “[Chairman] Adam Schiff and the Democrat-controlled House Intel Committee have made it clear they will not look into the issues surrounding Hunter Biden and Burisma. Senator Graham is requesting documents which could shed additional light on these outstanding issues.”

Graham requested records Thursday from Secretary of State Mike Pompeo after witnesses, including those called by Republicans, testified in House impeachment hearings that there is no basis for Trump’s claims that Biden acted corruptly in Ukraine in 2016. At the time, Biden pressured the country to remove a prosecutor who was widely seen as corrupt by the Obama administration and the international community, as well as congressional Republicans at the time.

……….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.