Biden: I will wear a mask in public

Source: Politico | April 5, 2020 | Rishika Dugyala

The 2020 presidential contender urges Americans to “follow the science.”

Joe Biden said he will wear a mask in public, drawing a contrast between President Donald Trump and himself amid the coronavirus pandemic.

On Sunday, the former vice president and current de facto Democratic presidential nominee emphasized one phrase repeatedly: “Follow the science.”

“It’s important to follow the science. Listen to the experts. Do what they tell you,” he said on ABC’s “This Week.” “So If I go out in public — and I haven’t gone to commercial places of late, I haven’t gone to my local church, etc. … My generic point is, you should follow the science.“

On Friday, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommended that people wear nonsurgical, cloth face coverings when in public.

“We now know from recent studies that a significant portion of individuals … can transmit the virus to others before showing symptoms. This means that the virus can spread between people interacting in close proximity — for example, speaking, coughing, or sneezing,” CDC said in a statement.

……..

Several public figures, from top state politicians to the first lady herself, have urged Americans to seriously consider the recommendation. Some have already started wearing masks, leading by example.

Still, Trump clarified this was an optional public health measure. “This is voluntary. I don’t think I’m going to be doing it,” the president told reporters on Friday.

……….

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #37931

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.