Biden says he will attend Queen Elizabeth’s funeral

Source: Politico | September 9, 2022 | Myah Ward

Details regarding the queen’s funeral have not yet been announced, but it’s expected to be at Westminster Abbey, where the queen was crowned.

President Joe Biden said Friday that he will attend the funeral of the United Kingdom’s Queen Elizabeth, the most definitive comment to date from the White House on whether the president will travel for the service.

“I don’t know what the details are yet but I’ll be going,” Biden told reporters before boarding Air Force One after a speech in Ohio. The president also said he knows King Charles but has not yet spoken to him since the death of his mother.

Up until Biden’s remarks, the White House had not confirmed whether the president would attend. In a gaggle with reporters earlier Friday, White House press secretary Karine Jean-Pierre declined to provide details, deferring to “official protocol” regarding invitations for the service.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #55498

EVERYDAY #55501

It’s fitting that President Biden attend the funeral. Maybe he can bring along Pres. Clinton and Bush. I doubt Pres. Carter would be well enough for such a journey.

Just so Trump isn’t there.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.