Biden says Queen Elizabeth II reminded him of his mother

Source: The Hill | June 13, 2021 | Caroline Vakil

President Biden told reporters that Queen Elizabeth II reminded him of his mother shortly after the two met at Windsor Castle on Sunday.

After wrapping up a summit with the Group of Seven (G-7) nations, President Biden headed to Windsor Castle with first lady Jill Biden, where they were greeted by the queen. The president took part in an Inspection of the Guard of Honor and then joined the queen and first lady to watch a military march. Afterward, the three went into queen’s apartment for tea. 

Speaking on the tarmac of London Heathrow airport to reporters after his visit, he said the queen “was very gracious.” 

“I don’t think she’d be insulted but she reminded me of my mother. In terms of the look of her and just the generosity,” he added.

……..

Queen Elizabeth also asked Biden what the White House was like. 

“I said, this is…, we could fit the White House in the courtyard,” Biden told reporters, referring to Windsor Castle.

Biden confirmed to reporters that he had invited her to the White House.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #49280

Consistent #49282

EVERYDAY #49289

And the President is getting flak for his comments about the Queen from the Trump cult and their allies in the media. What exactly is wrong with saying she reminds him of his mother? In some ways I think the Queen reminds me of my maternal grandmother. Short, gracious and friendly to everyone, even those she might not have liked personally.

It was gracious of the President to invite Her Majesty to the White House even though at her age, I doubt she could travel that far.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.