Bidens announce death of their German shepherd, Champ

Source: The Hill | June 19, 2021 | Marina Pitofsky

President Biden and first lady Jill Biden’s German shepherd Champ died this week.

The president and first lady said in a statement Saturday that Champ “passed away peacefully at home.”

“He was our constant, cherished companion during the last 13 years and was adored by the entire Biden family,” the statement said.

“Even as Champ’s strength waned in his last months, when we came into a room, he would immediately pull himself up, his tail always wagging, and nuzzle us for an ear scratch or a belly rub. Wherever we were, he wanted to be, and everything was instantly better when he was next to us,” it added.

The president and first lady said in the statement that the dog “loved nothing more than curling up at our feet in front of a fire at the end of the day, joining us as a comforting presence in meetings, or sunning himself in the White House garden.”

They noted that “in his younger days” he enjoyed chasing golf balls on the front lawn of the U.S. Naval Observatory, where the couple lived when Joe Biden served as vice president under former President Obama’s administration.

“In our most joyful moments and in our most grief-stricken days, he was there with us, sensitive to our every unspoken feeling and emotion. We love our sweet, good boy and will miss him always,” the Saturday statement said.

……..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #49347

EVERYDAY #49351

Champ waited till the Bidens returned from Europe to say goodbye.

As a former pet servant myself, I understand the family’s grief. Major too will miss his companion and mentor. Maybe I’m foolish, but I believe we will one day be reunited with our departed pets. Seems to me heaven wouldn’t be heaven without our furry companions.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.