Bill Maher dismisses Kavanaugh sexual misconduct allegation: ‘I think it makes us look bad’

Source: The Hill | September 15, 2018 | Tal Axelrod

HBO host Bill Maher, a prominent critic of President Trump, dismissed Brett Kavanaugh as a Supreme Court nominee this week but said publicizing anonymous accusations against him dating back to high school make critics “look bad.”

“Now they’re coming at him with this accusation from someone anonymous who that he was at a party…but sexual assault in high school from an anonymous source, I think it makes us look bad,” he said on Friday’s “Real Time with Bill Maher.”

The New Yorker reported Friday details of a letter to Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) from a woman who says that Kavanaugh “held her down and that he attempted to force himself on her” at a party in the early 1980s. 

Kavanaugh denied the allegations, saying, “I did not do this back in high school or at any time,” in a statement provided by the White House. 

Feinstein, who is the ranking member of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said she wanted to make the information public, but the woman involved in the incident did not want details to be publicly disclosed. She received the information “through a third party,” according to a spokesman. 

……

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.