Blankenship: I’m Trumpier than Trump

Source: The Hill | May 7, 2018 | Luis Sanchez

Don Blankenship said on Monday that he is “Trumpier than Trump” in response to a tweet from the president urging West Virginians to support the GOP Senate candidate’s primary opponents.

“As some have said I am Trumpier than Trump, and this morning proves it,” Blankenship, a former mining CEO, said in a statement responding to a tweet from Trump.

“The President is a very busy man and he doesn’t know me, and he doesn’t know how flawed my two main opponents are in this primary,” Blankenship said. “The establishment is misinforming him because they do not want me to be in the U.S. Senate and promote the President’s agenda.”

Blankenship also said he had resurrected the GOP in West Virginia.

“West Virginia voters should remember that my enemies are Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton and my opponents would not even be running as Republicans had I not resurrected the Republican Party in West Virginia,” he said.

Trump tweeted on Monday that West Virginians should support either West Virginia Attorney General Patrick Morrisey or Rep. Evan Jenkins in the GOP primary over Blankenship, a former coal executive who was convicted of violating mine safety and health standards.

……..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #23504

Consistent #23505

ConservativeGranny #23508

I was wondering how he was claiming he was Trumpier than Trump. It must be this:

“Blankenship, a former coal executive who was convicted of violating mine safety and health standards.”

Consistent #23518

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.