Blitzer resurfaces 2008 interview of Trump saying Pelosi should have impeached Bush

Source: The Hill | December 18, 2019 | Morgan Gstalter

CNN’s Wolf Blitzer on Wednesday resurfaced a 2008 interview he conducted with President Trump, then a New York business mogul, in which Trump says Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) should have sought impeachment against former President George W. Bush.

Blitzer shared a clip from the exchange with Trump as the House — again led by Pelosi — prepares to vote on two articles of impeachment against him.

Trump initially praised Pelosi, who also served as Speaker from 2003 to 2007, calling her “impressive.”

“I like her a lot. But I was surprised that she didn’t do more in terms of Bush and going after Bush,” Trump said. “It just seemed like she was really going to look to impeach Bush and get him out of office, which personally I think would have been a wonderful thing … for the [Iraq] war.”

In the interview with Blitzer, the “Apprentice” star then pivoted to defending former President Clinton, calling his impeachment “nonsense.”

“Look at the trouble Bill Clinton got into with something that was totally unimportant and they tried to impeach him, which was nonsense,” Trump said. “And yet Bush got us into this horrible war with lies, by lying, by saying they had weapons of mass destruction, by saying all sorts of things that turned out not to be true.”

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.