Bolton: Putin thinks 'he can play' Trump like a 'fiddle'

Source: The Hill | June 18, 2020 | Justin Wise

Former national security adviser John Bolton said in a new interview to promote his new memoir that has rocked Washington that Russian President Vladimir Putin thinks he “can play” President Trump like a “fiddle.”

Asked by ABC’s Martha Raddatz about Trump’s relationship with Putin, Bolton said that he doesn’t think the Russian leader is “worried” about Trump. 

“I think Putin thinks he can play him like a fiddle,” said Bolton, who resigned from his position in the administration last September. “I think Putin is smart, tough, I think he sees that he’s not faced with a serious adversary here.”

……..

Among other things, Bolton’s book makes the claim that Trump asked Chinese President Xi Jinping to assist his 2020 reelection efforts. Bolton also said that Trump displayed a lack of knowledge about Nordic countries, noting that the president at one point questioned aloud whether Finland was “kind of a satellite of Russia.”

The episode came as the U.S. government debated where to hold Trump’s first meeting with the Russian president. The meeting was held in Helsinki in 2018.

“Whatever they [the Russians] want. Tell them we’ll do whatever they want,” Trump said, according to Bolton.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.