BREAKING: A Third Political Party is Born: ‘The Renegade Party’

Source: Politistick | May 17, 2016 | Matthew K. Burke

The #NeverTrump and #NeverHillary forces who believe that America needs a better choice than two New York liberals, one a corrupt liar who should be in the Big House rather than the White House, and another, a bloviating billionaire and reality TV actor who has no principles, no morals, no values and an untreated and severe case of narcissistic personality disorder, has officially kicked into high gear.

While candidates have yet to be named, at the time of this writing, a new Twitter account, “The Renegade Party” was started on Monday night. Its first tweets took place Tuesday afternoon and followership shot to over 1,000 followers shortly after.

….

The new Twitter account is only following six individuals, which may provide a clue as to who has organized the party.

Besides Weekly Standard editor Bill Kristol, considered an establishment Republican, the account follows a group who would normally not be in 100 percent agreement on issues, from Tea Party-supported Nebraska Senator Ben Sasse , to more establishment types like 2012 Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney, American Enterprise Institute’s Arthur Brooks, and General (Ret.) Stanley McChrystal, along with former Utah Governor Jon Huntsman, who also ran for the presidency in 2012, and even billionaire entrepreneur Mark Cuban, owner of the Dallas Mavericks.

….

While it may be extremely difficult for the Renegade Party to come up with a candidate who would be acceptable to both establishment Republicans and constitutionally conservative Tea Partiers who haven’t sold their principles to the Trump Train, considering that Trump and Hillary have the two highest unfavorability ratings in the history of presidential politics, perhaps almost anyone would seem viable at this point — a time when the Democrat candidate could be arrested at any moment and the “Republican” accused his main opponent’s father of murdering John F. Kennedy.

….

It’s interesting and more than ironic that the group would use the name “Renegade,” being that on Sunday, Breitbart News, ran a piece entitled, “Bill Kristol Republican Spoiler, Renegade Jew,” an opinion piece disparaging Kristol for not joining the Trump Train, a piece that former Breitbart editor Ben Shapiro referred to as “garbage.”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #6289

ConstitutionalConservative #6293

Based the list of supporters so far it doesn’t seem like a party I would affiliate with, in fact I suspect it is just more of same; wanting different faces. Sounds like nothing more than a distraction to me, what it will accomplish at this point amounts to either a spoiler for trump or hillary it is still a lose lose for conservatives.

Now if Cruz where to do this then we have a new ball game, he won’t do it just now, but after this election is over the door is wide open, I hope he forms a new party and to steal the thunder announces its formation on inauguration day. A Third party? You know Ted has to be thinking about it, after all there is a precedence, the republican party has left him/us.

slhancock1948 #6308

Constitutional Conservative, I emailed him and asked him NOT to support Trump. I pray that he doesn’t. I hope his whole team stays off the Trump train, actually, because I think they could position themselves nicely for a new party that would be viable in 2020. The republican party today is a wash. How can one continue to support it when it does nothing but lie and steal! Literally!

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

NancyR #6521

If Ted goes third party, I’m there with him. In fact, all of us who left the GOP in protest over its promotion of Trump should be there with Ted.

slhancock1948 #6524

yes. When you think about it, the current political atmosphere make a 3rd party candidate viable now and even though it would mainly be for the presidency this time, it would grow.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.