BREAKING. Hugh Hewitt Calls For Convention To Reject Trump (FULL AUDIO)

Source: RedState | June 8, 2016 | streiff

….

This morning talk show host Hugh Hewitt called for the GOP convention to change the rules to allow for an alternative candidate to be selected. (Full disclosure, Hewitt is affiliated with Salem Media Group which owns RedState.)

Via Mediaite:

Conservative talk show host Hugh Hewitt argued Wednesday morning that the Republican Party should make an unprecedented effort to change the Republican National Convention rules to allow them to dump Donald Trump as their nominee.

“It’s like ignoring stage-four cancer. You can’t do it, you gotta go attack it,” Hewitt said. “And right now the Republican Party is facing — the plane is headed towards the mountain after the last 72 hours.”

Hewitt said he disagreed with Republican senators like Lindsey Graham and Mark Kirk who said they could not vote for their party’s nominee. “I wanna support the nominee of the party, but I think the party ought to change the nominee. Because we’re going to get killed with this nominee.”

“They ought to get together and let the convention decide,” he concluded. “And if Donald Trump pulls over a makeover in the next 4 to 5 weeks, great, they can keep him. It would be better if he had done so 5 weeks ago.”

For the record, Hewitt has never been a real Trump fan and there have been insults directed at him by Trump:

….

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #6858

Consistent #6861

This is actually a very big deal. Hugh Hewitt is the epitome of the company man. He was one of the great defenders of Harriet Miers when she was appointed and tries never to go against the party establishment.

Where I’m more likely than not to disagree with the party, Hewitt holds the party line more often than not. But even Hugh Hewitt is now saying the Republican delegates should replace Donald Trump as the nominee.

….

EVERYDAY #6865

What concerns me is that people tend to be sheep. Nothing meant to disparage the delegates, but I’m going to bet they will be all but terrorized into voting for Trump.

Victoria #6867

EVERYDAY, First of all, I have a terrible cold or flu (Bob thinks it is the flu). I have coughed until every muscle used in coughing hurts like hell when I cough. My head is like a basketball and feels better on a pillow than holding it up. Why am I telling you this? Because I want you to know I am out of bed, sitting up here just to write this message to you.

You said: “Nothing meant to disparage the delegates, but I’m going to bet they will be all but terrorized into voting for Trump.”

Think about what you said. Here you are a delegate and you are one who may vote for Trump or against Trump. Your name is on the list of delegates and you choice will be recorded. “Recorded” is the operative word. Trump is going have that list. Has he ever let up on someone he thinks “wronged” him? I think if you did not vote for him, even if he got enough delegates, he would make your life unbearable – somehow he would do it.

This judge thing showed people what Trump is and I think he will continue to destroy himself to the point even low info. voters will get it that he will be a disaster.

slhancock1948 #6874

Prayers for all the delegates. It is time to put the country first, in spite of Trump! He can’t come after everybody at once and if it was a huge landslide that he lost by, then he would be embarrassed beyond belief and even though some of his sycophants would be angry, I think that the fact that there will be leftist protestors there as well would keep them more in line. His supporters would still not know for sure who voted for whom.

I think it’s well past time to put our faith in God and let Him bring forth the right man and realize that God will fight for us if we let Him do it and not think we have to help Him out. We have a simple job. Pray and vote for principled people. We should not be frightened of the ‘enemy’ because if we look to Scripture, we have many examples of the ways that God came through in miraculous ways.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

EVERYDAY #6890

Victoria, thank you for your prompt response. I am sorry you aren’t feeling well and pray for your speedy recovery.

Trump is a thug as are those who support him. I’m sure he can claim deniability for the actions of his minions, but I have long believed that all of it – particularly, the lies and distortions about Ted Cruz and his family — were sanctioned by Trump himself. So it wouldn’t surprise me if Trump’s army, at Trump’s comnand, has already tried to tighten the screws on the delegates. In fact, I believe sometime ago, he said something to the effect that if he didn’t get the nomination, he would not be responsible for anything his minions might do in retaliation. Sounds like a threat to me.

So I pray that the delegates will not be cowed into voting for him, but on the other hand, I can understand if they will do so out of fear for their lives and the lives of their families. In a perfect world, we would have a federal agency that would arrest these terrorists and put a stop to such thuggety. But I won’t hold my breath waiting for the JustUs Department or the FBI to do snything.

Victoria #6891

EVERYDAY and Slhancock1948,

At the national convention, the state’s delegates sit together in their separate congressional/or senate districts. One or more people is in charge of those delegates in that congressional/senatorial district. He/she has a list of those delegates and they are responsible for gathering the “individual” vote of the delegates – it is recorded by them. That sum of votes is given to the person representing the state and that person announces the votes of the state for each candidate. Trump’s people would know when those votes are called out, which state had people who did not vote for him and if he wanted to, he could find out who they were.

The reason I brought this up is because a normal person would not do that, but what have I said about Trump? He is not normal, he is fixated on anyone who might oppose him in any way and will keep hounding that person for years.

Case in point:
    A woman reporter from England came here to do a story on Trump and Trump made a pass at her and she kept resisting and did not give in through those days she had to be where he was. So, she goes back to London and he hounds her for years, sends messages saying things like it’s too bad your career is not going well, or, I see you aren’t getting much work these days. After years of this hounding, she threatened to go to a lawyer and he stopped hounding her.

If I was a delegate and could choose not to vote for him, I wouldn’t vote for him, but I would expect him to come after me because in my opinion he is crazy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.