BREAKING: Tea Party Founder Endorses Ted Cruz

Source: Politistick | February 20, 2016 | Keli Carender

“I choose Ted Cruz because he is the only person running that knows the Constitution and understands the connection between following the Constitution and all the things we want in our lives.” ~ Keli Carender

Today I proudly, personally, and happily endorse Ted Cruz for President. Let me tell you why.

When the Tea Party movement began, I was 29-years-old, engaged to my now-husband, a math teacher, and improv comedian. Today, I am 36-years-old, soon will celebrate my sixth wedding anniversary, and a proud, blessed mom of an amazing 2.5-year-old little girl. My life (and my hair – I have white streaks now!) looks very different than it did seven years ago, but something that hasn’t changed are my core beliefs and values.

This past Monday, February 16, marked the seventh anniversary of a rally I held in 2009 in Seattle, WA to protest President Obama’s crony stimulus bill, three days before Rick Santelli’s rant. On February 20, 2009, there was a phone call with 22 concerned citizens from across the country. It was on this call that the idea and plan for the first round of nationwide Tea Party rallies were born. I was on that call, and for the next six years, I would eat, breathe, and sleep almost nothing but Tea Party.

I gave up a lot for this movement, as so many others have, and continue to do. A 24/7 commitment to the cause of rebuilding America took a toll in almost every area of my life, including my physical health. Many of you reading this know exactly what I’m talking about because it’s been hard on you too. In 2015, I stepped back from the intense, daily grind to be a full-time mom because raising my daughter was the right thing to do for her, and I knew that raising her with the right values was just as important to saving our country as anything else I had been doing.

What does it mean to “save our country?” What does it mean to you? What would it look like for you if America were rescued from its downward spiral? Let me tell you what it would look like for my family and me.

…..

I choose Ted Cruz because he is the only person running that knows the Constitution and understands the connection between following the Constitution and all the things we want in our lives. I cannot support a candidate with a record of betraying the American people and the Constitution, such as Marco Rubio has done. And I cannot support a candidate – though I sincerely like certain things about him – who is totally fine with a government so big and so powerful that it can do whatever it wants to us, such as Donald Trump.

….

I don’t trust or like Marco Rubio, at all. I don’t trust Trump, even though I appreciate and like some of what he’s said and done. I trust and like Ted Cruz.

I want to start that business and buy a big house for my family. I see all that becoming a reality if Ted Cruz is the next president because he understands that what we need to achieve those goals is the Constitution and freedom. Vote Ted Cruz if you want to live free and have the chance to get what you want out of life.

Ted Cruz 2016!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #1377

Amen!

slhancock1948 #1379

Ditto! Well-stated.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.