Bret Baier confirms his ‘concerns’ about Tucker Carlson’s Jan. 6 documentary

Source: The Hill | November 23, 2021 | Dominick Mastrangelo

Fox News anchor Bret Baier confirmed he has “concerns” about a documentary produced by the network’s leading prime-time host, Tucker Carlson, that focuses on the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.

“I didn’t get hurt by it. I didn’t get damaged by it. Were you bothered by it? Because that’s the reporting,” Brian Kilmeade, who is a co-host of the “Fox & Friends” morning program, asked Baier on Monday afternoon during an appearance on Kilmeade’s radio show. 

“There’s a … Brian, I don’t want to go down this road,” Baier responded. “You know, I mean, there were concerns about it definitely … I think that the news division did what we do, we do when we covered the story.”

……..

The reporting on Baier and Wallace’s concerns about the series came as a pair of longtime Fox News contributors quit their roles at the network, saying the publication of “Patriot Purge” was a breaking point for them. 

“Indeed, the news side of Fox routinely does what it is supposed to do: It reports the truth,” Stephen Hayes and Jonah Goldberg wrote in an announcement of their decision, noting it remains the case that “there are still responsible conservatives providing valuable opinion and analysis” at the network.

“But the voices of the responsible are being drowned out by the irresponsible,” they added. 

……..

Goldberg and Hayes regularly appeared on “Special Report,” the evening news program Baier anchors. During an interview with The New York Times, Carlson called the departures of the two contributors “great news.”

Baier told Kilmeade it was “sad” to see Goldberg and Hayes go.

“I think it was a tough choice, but they made their decision on principle,” he said. “It’s sad for ‘Special Report,’ I think for the network, but they made their choice on principle, so I’ll let their statement stand.”

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.