British PM says England will enter into second lock down

Source: The Hill | October 31, 2020 | Jordan Williams

British Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced on Saturday that England will enter into a second lockdown after the United Kingdom (U.K.) surpassed 1 million coronavirus cases. 

The U.K.’s health department reported 21,915 cases on Saturday, bringing the nation’s total to 1,011,660 cases since the pandemic began. 

Johnson was originally expected to announce the measures on Monday, according to the British Times. Before Johnson’s announcement Saturday evening, a senior government official told the news outlet earlier in the day that no final decision had been made yet, but added that “the data is really bad.”

“We’re seeing COVID-19 rising all over the country and hospitals are struggling to cope. There has been a shift in our position,” the source reportedly said. 

Under the new lockdown, non-essential shops, leisure and entertainment venues will be closed. Pubs, bars, and restaurants will only be open for takeout and delivery services. 

People can only leave their homes if they cannot work for home, for education, to get food and essential items, and for outdoor exercise and recreation with that person’s household or with one person for another household. 

People can also leave for medical reasons and to escape injury or harm, as well as to provide care for vulnerable people. Workplaces can also stay open where people cannot work from home, such as construction or manufacturing jobs. 

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #44089

EVERYDAY #44090

I’m sure we will be locking down too if Biden is elected. I guess I won’t be getting a haircut for months or more. But it may have to be done. The virus is out of control here, thanks to Trump, his never-ending campaign rallies and his inability or unwillingness to deal with this virus.

Consistent #44094

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.