California, Here We Come

Source: Flash Report | March 16, 2016 | Ron Nehring

It’s been asked countless times: Will this be the year California finally “matters” in the race for the Republican nomination for President?

We now have an answer: Yes.

Put another way: California, here we come.

….

California’s 169 delegates – the largest state delegation in the nation – are now essential for victory.

….

California Republicans are conservatives.  I know this first hand having served as Chairman of the California Republican Party for four years, and winning the Republican nomination for Lt. Governor in 2014.

But much more importantly, I haven’t spoken to a single moderate Republican who actually prefers Donald Trump over Ted Cruz.  Just the opposite is the case.  The truth is that moderate and conservative Republicans alike can agree that our party, and our country, don’t need the general election wipeout that a Trump nomination would bring.  In one on one contests, Cruz defeats Trump, and Cruz defeats Hillary.

….

Trump does best in states where he can rely on Democrats to vote in Republican primaries.  Trump has only won 6 out of 16 closed primaries held so far.  California’s Republican primary is also “closed” – only registered Republican voters can choose the Republican nominee.  In fact, of the 22 remaining contests, 14 are closed primaries, 4 allow independents to vote in the Republican primary, and only 4 are what we call “Trump primaries” where Democrats can vote and choose the Republican nominee.

….

Every political campaign takes on a unique culture, and it’s one defined by the candidate.  I experienced this first hand with one California campaign after another – each takes on a different culture.  What has struck me the most about the Cruz campaign is that everyone really is welcome.  It’s a great environment, it’s a great team that’s formed around a great candidate.

Future generations will be able to look to a Ted Cruz in the same way that my generation looked to Ronald Reagan – a leader to expand individual liberty, reignite the American economy, and restore America’s role in the world.  Californians now have the opportunity, and the power, to make that happen.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #2718

Future generations will be able to look to a Ted Cruz in the same way that my generation looked to Ronald Reagan – a leader to expand individual liberty, reignite the American economy, and restore America’s role in the world. Californians now have the opportunity, and the power, to make that happen.

slhancock1948 #2736

I read a few weeks back that the republican assembly members were in full support of Cruz, so I hope he capitalizes on it and takes CA! That would be great!

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.