Capt. "Sully" Sullenberger pens op-ed in defense of Biden: 'I stuttered once, too. I dare you to mock me'

Source: The Hill | January 18, 2020 | Marty Johnson

Capt. Chesley “Sully” Sullenberger, the retired pilot known for safely landing US Airways Flight 1549 in 2009, authored a New York Times’ op-ed Saturday defending former Vice President Joe Biden’s stutter amid mocking comments made about him earlier in the week. 

“Sully,” who admits that he also had a stutter, begins the piece reflecting on his childhood in Denison, Texas and how hard speaking in class was for him.

“Those feelings came rushing back,” “Sully” wrote, “when I heard Lara Trump mocking former Vice President Joe Biden at a [President] Trump campaign event, with the very words that caused my childhood agony.

“Joe, can you get it out?” Ms. Trump was seen saying onstage, as a few giggles are heard from an otherwise silent audience. “Let’s get the words out, Joe.”

“Sully” discloses that he attended a campaign fundraiser for the 2020 Democratic hopeful last year, but says that Lara Trump’s words go “beyond politics.”

“Stop. Grow up. Show some decency. People who can’t have no place in public life,” “Sully said, seeming to direct his words at the president’s daughter-in-law.

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #34957

EVERYDAY #34958

Trump and his family (excluding the First Lady and Barron) are a bunch of lowlifes. Zero class. I guess they prove money doesn’t buy class, dignity and decorum.

And Trump supporters are a mean-spirited bunch, emulating their hero.

Consistent #34964

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.