Cavuto, Dobbs get in heated exchange over Trump and deficit on Fox Business Network

Source: The Hill | July 31, 2019 | Justin Wise

A Fox Business Network segment on Wednesday grew increasingly animated as anchors Neil Cavuto and Lou Dobbs sparred over what President Trump has done to manage the rising deficits in the U.S.

Cavuto repeatedly pressed Dobbs on the issue after the host, a vocal Trump supporter, said he believed the president had addressed the debt and deficits.

“You think he’s done a good job on reining in spending?” Cavuto asked. “I give him high marks on the tax cuts and and cutting the regulations and the kind of stuff that’s ignited it.”

The statement prompted Dobbs to chime in and say that Cavuto needed to work out the details with the president.

“No, no, no. Do you think this president has done anything to contain the deficits and the debt that have spiraled from what levels he had from Barack Obama?” Cavuto asked.

“I do, indeed,” Dobbs replied, before going on to note the Trump administration’s investment in deregulation.

Cavuto pushed back, saying that he was “talking about the deficits and the debt.”

“Has he improved it, yes or no?” Cavuto asked as he attempted to speak over Dobbs.

“Wait a minute, wait a minute, Neil. You’ve asked me a question and I really need to answer it, please,” Dobbs said, arguing that the historic lows in unemployment was another example of Trump’s commitment to combating the rising deficits.

“I said that at the outset,” Cavuto quickly shot back. “What about now with the deficit and the debt. Do you fault that.”

Dobbs became noticeably frustrated by the insistent questioning.

“I didn’t interrupt you, Neil. And you’ve done it to me now twice,” he said, before again pointing to the unemployment figures of the Trump administration.

“We know all of that,” Cavuto said. “What has changed on the deficit and the debt. I asked you a question about the deficits and the debt. Do you worry about that or not? If you don’t, that’s fine. Just say I don’t worry about it, I do.”

………

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.