CDC quietly removes guidance pushing for school reopenings

Source: The Hill | November 17, 2020 | Jessie Hellmann

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has quietly removed controversial guidance from its website that pushed for schools to reopen in the fall and downplayed the transmission risks of COVID-19 to children and others.

The documents, one of which was reportedly written by political appointees outside of the CDC, stated that children appear to be at lower risk for contracting COVID-19 compared to adults and that children are unlikely to be major spreaders of the virus.

The CDC removed two guidance documents from its website in late October with no public announcement.

When reached for comment, a CDC spokesperson said, “Some of the prior content was outdated and as new scientific information has emerged the site has been updated to reflect current knowledge about COVID-19 and schools.”

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #44755

EVERYDAY #44761

Well, school districts in my region tried to allow full-time or part-time in-person classes, but one by one, they are moving back to online only classes, at least for the new few weeks. For some it might be longer than that. It just wasn’t safe to fully open schools. I expect Trump browbeat the CDC into these directives, but now they know he’s on his way out, they are going to do what is right.

ConservativeGranny #44782

Too late. The horse is already out of the barn. One of my granddaughters has been out of school for two weeks now after being exposed. Their school has gone virtual now however all of the other schools in the district are still open. Over 1500 students, staff and teachers either isolated or in quarantine in the district. This is insanity.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.