Chelsea Clinton confronted by students at New Zealand mosque attack vigil

Source: The Hill | March 16, 2019 | Morgan Gstalter

Chelsea Clinton was confronted by students at New York University on Friday night who claimed she “stoked” hatred that led to the New Zealand mosque shootings.

The former first daughter was attending a vigil for victims of the massacre, which left 49 people dead and dozens of others injured, when she was confronted, Fox News reported.

“This right here is the result of a massacre stoked by people like you and the words that you put out into the world,” the student is seen on video saying. “And I want you to know that and I want you to feel that deep down inside. Forty-nine people died because of the rhetoric you put out there.”

Clinton, who is pregnant with her third child, said that she was sorry the students felt that way.

“Certainly, it was never my intention,” Clinton said. “I do believe words matter. I believe we have to show solidarity.”

“What does ‘I’m sorry you feel that way’ mean? What does that mean?” another person in the background is heard asking.

The confrontation reportedly stemmed from Clinton’s condemnation of Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.) in recent weeks. Omar has been at the center of a debate on anti-Semitism after her comments about U.S.-Israel relations.

“We should expect all elected officials, regardless of party, and all public figures to not traffic in anti-Semitism,” Clinton wrote last month.

…….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.