Chick-fil-a at the DNC leaves Dems infuriated … but hungry

Source: Conservative Review | July 28, 2016 | Phil Shiver

The famous conservative chicken sandwich restaurant, Chick-fil-A, is being served at the Democratic National Convention this week – oh, the irony – and according to The Daily Caller, attendees are NOT happy about it.

….

Despite all of the hysteria over Chick-fil-A’s “anti-LGBT” presence at the DNC, some attendees couldn’t resist the tasty chicken goodness. The tweet below claims to show Chick-fil-A sandwiches being carted in bulk to delegates.

IJ Review went around to talk to some of the protesting delegates who recently caved and ate a sandwich. One delegate, Marshall Bennett, had boycotted the restaurant for over five years but gave up the streak just this week. His reasoning is priceless.

After first trying to justify buying the sandwich by saying it was cheap – Chick-fil-A sandwiches are being sold for a whopping $6.50 at the DNC – eventually he just open-face admitted why he broke down:

“I caved not only because it’s cheap, but because I had a bite of somebody else’s and I missed it so much. And I think the main, old Chick-fil-A guy died, I think? I don’t know, I don’t keep up with their news.”

You can’t protest on an empty stomach, right?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #8734

Victoria #8735

I don’t use my personal belief to buy or not buy something. Some conservatives came down on me for buying my Medicare supplemental insurance policy from United Healthcare through AARP. I don’t know who owns AARP and don’t care. United Healthcare was the only insurance company that wouldn’t raise my premium every year as I got older and I am really old. I have other insurance from companies who do business with AARP. These insurance companies give us lower rates since there are so many millions of seniors there. It is the insurance companies who sell these policies, not AARP themselves.

We have a Chick fil A restaurant very near us and there is always a line at the drive-in window. There is no better chicken sandwich in the whole country.

EVERYDAY #8743

I’ve boycotted a few businesses in my time, but there are some that would be difficult, if not impossible, to boycott. Maybe if I went Galt, I could do it, but for me, such a lifestyle would be too difficult.

The whole flap over CFA was a bullying tactic by a bunch of malcontents. It has failed miserably. If anything, CFA has profited immensely from that temper tantrum, and that shows that in God’s eyes, they are on the right path.

I’m under doctor’s orders not to eat too much fast food, but every once in a while, I will succumb to temptation and eat at CFA. It’s not just the food, but the prompt courteous service. You won’t get that kind of customer care at McDonalds.

Woodcutter #8745

While the boycott threats may have prompted conservatives to increase their support of Chick-fil-A, I think their real key to success is a good-tasting product and superior customer service. Every one of their locations always has a line of cars at the drive window, and at all hours. They seem to treat the employees well. If these old-fashioned values can bring success, then more power to them.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.