Chick-Fil-A employee is praised for saving a customer who choked on food

Source: ABC News | June 27, 2018 | Bopha Phorn

A Texas Chick-Fil-A employee is hailed as a hero for saving a customer who choked on food while eating, according to a co-worker and the restaurant’s owner.

The unidentified victim, a man apparently in his 50s, began choking in the busy South Austin restaurant and team leader Hunter Harris, whose father Jamie Harris owns the restaurant, was notified by colleague Anita Duran that the man was in distress.

Duran, who has worked at the restaurant for nine months, said that she was wiping one of the tables around 3 p.m. on June 22 when she heard the customer choking.

“I heard the gentlemen choking, and I kind of stopped wiping the table and I was looking at him,” Duran told ABC News.

Surveillance video shows the choking man standing up suddenly, and a customer sitting at a table next to him hurrying to assist, but without success.

“I ran to get Hunter because Hunter has [already] saved one of our co-workers,” Duran said.

Hunter Harris, 23, leapt in to action, performing the Heimlich maneuver and saving the man’s life.

…….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.