Chris Christie: Trump’s Exchanges With Comey Just Normal NYCity Conversation

Source: RedState | June 7, 2017 | Susan Wright

Chris Christie: Trump’s Exchanges With Comey Just Normal New York City Conversation

……

New Jersey Governor Chris Christie is defending President Trump from the released testimony of former FBI Director James Comey today, basically saying that as an outsider, Trump doesn’t speak government-ese. What James Comey heard was New York speak.

During an interview with MSNBC’s “Deadline: White House,” Christie argued that American voters “don’t understand” that in electing Trump they put “an outsider president” in the Oval Office.

Wait… I thought that was the exact reason Trump’s base gave for voting for him?

“They elected someone who had never been inside government and quite frankly didn’t spend a lot of time interacting with government except at the local level,” Christie said of Trump.

So he doesn’t know what he’s doing?

Clearly.

Christie went on to explain that Trump’s inexperience and lack of knowledge about how government and all the associated offices work mean he’s in the middle of on-the-job training.

“The idea of the way the tradition of these agencies is not something he’s ever been steeped in,” Christie said.

“So I think over the course of time, we can talk about different examples, what you’re seeing is a president who is now very publicly learning about the way people react to what he considers to be normal New York City conversation.”

…….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #16446

ConservativeGranny #16447

I think trying to influence the FBI director to drop an investigation is a “no no” across the entire country. It’s not like the people in NYC speak a foreign language for Pete’s sake. How stupid does Christie think we are?

Or is he saying that corruption is just normal in NYC?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.