Christie says he won't rule out running against Trump in 2024

Source: The Hill | December 22, 2020 | Julia Manchester

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) did not rule out a 2024 run against President Trump in an interview that aired on Monday.

“I would not rule it out,” Christie said on the Hugh Hewitt Show on Monday when asked if he would rule out a presidential run against Trump if he decided to run in four years. 

Christie ran against Trump in the 2016 Republican primary in 2016, but later dropped out of the race and endorsed him. 

The former New Jersey governor has since become an ally to the president, serving as the head of the president’s 2016 transition planning team. He also played a role in Trump’s debate Trump against President-elect Joe Biden.

……..

“The last bit of advice, you know, I was in the Oval Office with him, and he’s getting ready to leave for the debate. And he said to me, you get one last shot,” Christie said. “And I said let Joe Biden talk. If you let him talk, he will hurt himself. And he gave me a thumbs-up, and he walked out of the Oval Office. And he interrupted him 71 times in 90 minutes. So no, he didn’t, that was not the debate I advised him to have.” 

……..

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.