Chuck Grassley ramps up pressure for unredacted release of Christine Blasey Ford's letter

Source: Washington Examiner | September 19, 2018 | Naomi Lim

Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley on Wednesday stepped up his calls for an unredacted version of the letter Christine Blasey Ford wrote her local congresswoman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct to be released.

“Learned Dr Ford’s identity from WaPo on Sunday,” the Iowa Republican lawmaker wrote on Twitter. “Confidentiality no longer relevant.”

“As cmte investigators gather facts senators deserve opportunity 2read UNREDACTED letter given 2 Sen Feinstein on July 30,” he tweeted. “Havnt seen unredactd ltr myself! It’s not secret Release letter Sen Feinstein.”

Grassley’s tweet followed a letter he sent earlier Wednesday to Senate Judiciary Committee Ranking Member Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., requesting the same disclosure.

“The fact is these allegations could have been raised both within the last seven weeks and in a way that protected Dr. Ford’s anonymity,” Grassley wrote. “Instead, you chose to sit on the allegations until a politically opportune moment. I cannot overstate how disappointed I am in this decision.”

……

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #25746

EVERYDAY #25747

Grassley and the Republicans have finally shown backbone in all of this. Just hoping they don’t cave. Republicans are good at caving.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.