Clapper questions Trump’s fitness for office

Source: The Hill | August 23, 2017 | Rebecca Savransky

The former director of national intelligence blasted President Trump’s speech at an Arizona rally late Tuesday and raised questions about Trump’s fitness for office.

“I don’t know when I’ve listened and watched something like this from a president that I found more disturbing,” James Clapper said during a interview on CNN.

“Having some understanding of the levers of power that are available to a president if he chooses to exercise them, I found this downright scary and disturbing.”

Clapper was pressed on whether he questions Trump’s fitness for office.

“I really question … his fitness to be in this office,” Clapper said.

“I also am beginning to wonder about his motivation for it, maybe he is looking for a way out.”

Clapper said Trump should have “quit while he was ahead” after his Afghanistan speech on Monday.

“But again, I think the real Trump came through,” he said.

……..

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #18365

Consistent #18366

Consistent #18367

EVERYDAY #18370

I agree, but who is going to remove him Trump from office and how? Impeachment is doubtful at best — you need grounds other than you don’t like the guy or we are reasonably sure something is wrong with him. Same with removing him from office under the constitutional provision for incapacity. Has to be hard evidence, not suspicion.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.