CNN Beats FOX out of #1 Cable News Prime Time Spot

Source: PolitiChicks | April 29, 2016 | Sonya Sasser

What happens when a network that promotes itself as “fair and balanced,” stops performing up to its own standards? It loses its #1 ranking to another network. That’s what.

According to Press Room:

“CNN ranked #1 in cable news in prime time in April. CNN beat Fox News for the fifth time in the last eight months in M-Su prime time (four of the past eight in M-F prime) among adults 25-54. The last time CNN had this many prime time wins in an eight-month period versus Fox News was over 14 years ago (Nov. 2001). CNN also handily topped MSNBC this month in all dayparts, with CNN besting MSNBC for the 22nd straight month in Total Day (among both total viewers and among adults 25-54) and in prime time (among 25-54). In total viewers, CNN has now beaten MSNBC for the fifth straight month (or seven out of eight months) in prime time. CNN continued to top MSNBC by wide margins during the day (9am-4pm) – posting a +36% advantage in total viewers (630k vs. MSNBC’s 464k) and +58% more among adults 25-54 (161k vs. 102k).

…..

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #5519

slhancock1948 #5521

I doubt it is because of the Kelly-Trump rough-up. More than likely people are tuning out so as not to listen to Trump 24/7. As MSNBC also tries to do. Maybe this might be a barometer of Trump’s popularity waning.

Pray for righteousness to be restored and for the peace of Jerusalem

Victoria #5522

I am one who changes to CNN when certain programs come on Fox and I am changing more and more.
    I am in a hotel 35 miles from Houston. Bad storm just went through and knocked out internet. I do have it on this pad which means I am typing on this tiny keyboard. I will be back home by 7 or 8 pm, thank God, give me my house instead of this room even though we got one with a separste living room so ee could visit with son as he is in another room. We put him on plane back to London about 1 pm then start back home to Dallas. I see misspelled words, I need a computer with a shoulder strap that is always on line instead of this pad.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.