CNN staff revolts over Corey Lewandowski hire

Source: Page Six | June 24, 2016 | Emily Smith and Ian Mohr

….

Sources told Page Six on Friday that CNN’s “facing a near internal revolt” over Jeff Zucker’s hiring of Lewandowski as an exclusive correspondent for the news network days after he was fired as Donald Trump’s campaign manager.

“CNN is facing a near internal revolt over the Corey hiring,” said a TV insider, who described many in the newsroom as “livid.” “Female reporters and producers especially . . . They are organizing and considering publicly demanding” that Lewandowski be let go.

The Post reported on Monday that the Donald’s daughter Ivanka gave her dad an ultimatum to cut Corey loose after she was distressed by news he’d grabbed reporter Michelle Fields by the arm at a Florida event, and by a Page Six report that he recently got into a shouting match on a Midtown street with campaign spokeswoman Hope Hicks.

….

A source previously told Page Six that Lewandowski’s getting as much as $500,000 for the new gig, but a CNN spokesperson told us on Thursday, “I can assure you we are paying him nowhere near $500,000.”

Meanwhile, CNN’s newest correspondent is apparently under a strict nondisclosure agreement as a former Trump staffer. Trump’s NDAs are reportedly binding “at all times thereafter” employment with the candidate has ended.

….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Discussion
  • Consistent #7347

ConstitutionalConservative #7349

“I can assure you we are paying him nowhere near $500,000.”

I believe this to be true, it is probably much closer to 1.5 million!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.