CNN's Berman, Peter Navarro in heated exchange over hydroxychloroquine: 'Don't you dare'

Source: The Hill | April 6, 2020 | Joe Concha

White House trade adviser Peter Navarro had a heated exchange with CNN anchor John Berman on Monday after he explained why his training in statistical studies as an economist made him qualified to disagree with health experts on the use of the anti-malaria drug hydroxychloroquine to treat the novel coronavirus.

“Doctors disagree about things all the time. My qualifications in terms of looking at the science is that I’m a social scientist,” Navarro told the “New Day” anchor Berman. “I have a Ph.D. And I understand how to read statistical studies, whether it’s in medicine, the law, economics or whatever.”

Toward the end of his interview with Berman, Berman said “we all want the same thing, which is people to get better.”

“I’m not sure we do sometimes,” Navarro replied.

“What are you talking about?” Berman asked incredulously before later adding, “Don’t you dare for a second suggest that I don’t want people to get better. I got two friends in bed right now.”

“That’s not what I said, don’t put those words in my mouth!” Navarro shot back. “When you say that when we come on here and we say we all want the same thing, there’s this political overtone, this battle between, you know, you’re trying to create this false dichotomy.”

“There’s no false dichotomy!” Berman exclaimed. “We want people to get better!”

………

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.